Sometimes I get so serious about my spiritual journey that I forget to laugh and have fun. The great Indian sage, Sri Ramakrishna Maharaj, used to teach that the first sign of a spiritual life was a good sense of humor.
“Laughter is the best medicine” is a favorite saying and it is so true! Laughter can heal us, it can relieve our stress, it can bond us with others who share it with us. Laughter can even raise our vibrations! Just think of it as a really fun tool that can accelerate our ascension from the 3rd to the 5th!
Recently, a friend of mine sent me some “Zen Humor.” I have never been big on Zen but these aphorisms had me laughing until tears streamed down my cheeks. If this doesn’t do it for you, check out the video below , which teaches us that we don’t even need a reason to laugh — we can just laugh! Have a Light ♥-ed week. 🙂
Your Daily Moments of Zen…
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
3. It’s always darkest before dawn. So, if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
4. Sex is like air. It’s not important unless you aren’t getting any.
5. Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
6. No one is listening until you fart.
7. Always remember you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
8. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
9. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
10. It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
11. If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
12. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
13. If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
14. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.
15. If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
16. Don’t squat with your spurs on.
17. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
18. If you drink, don’t park; accidents cause people.
19. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.
20. Don’t worry, it only seems kinky the first time.
21. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes of bad judgment.
22. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
23. Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
24. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
25. Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
~ ~ ~
And if you are still clinging to that 3D thought that you as one person cannot make a difference, check this out!
- ‘Laughter yoga’ takes Caracas by storm (bigpondnews.com)